none
registration key

Question

• on my VS express edition 2008 i need registraion key. I have register on Microsoft account and I dont know what I need to do next. Please can you help me with some steps to find registration key? This is important to me,so please help me! Thanks!
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:18 PM

All replies

• Hi my friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as I know, the main support for VS express 2008 already ended up in 2013. You can have a look at this: How to: Register Express Editions but it looks like the register page has 404 error and we cannot register anymore.

I found a similar issue: How do I get the serial key for Visual Studio Express? and some other community members solved it through remove the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VCSExpress\9.0\Registration. BTW, before you modify any registry table, please backup it firstly, in case we need to roll back.

Since the VS express 2008 is a little old and maybe you can think about the VS express 2015 and it is also free to use and development, it can help you to get a better support for your installation or development issue, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 24, 2017 6:30 AM