Call JS template to update listview item

Question

• I have been using .notifyMutated() when a item is updated however I have just realised that if the item doesnt move position then the item isnt updated and so need a way to force the app to re-process the item. 

I saw some people using WinJs.Binding.proccessAll() however this only seems to work for HTML templates. How can I make this work with a Javascript Template?

EDIT:

I found I can use the list.setAs() function to alter the data but no item update animation plays, is there a way to force this?

• Edited by r.c.byrne Friday, May 30, 2014 6:13 PM
    Friday, May 30, 2014 1:01 PM

All replies

• Can you share the complete simplified repro of the problem you are running into that should be able to throw more light on it?

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014 12:09 AM
  • I have a WinJS.Binding.List

I populate the list with data from an Array.

When I want to edit the item I use: list.getItem()

I then edit the data of the item: item.title = "New Title"

I then cant see this change on the tile until I refresh the page.

I am currently using list.setAs() to update the item which is working fine apart from the small issue that you dont get an item update animation.

• Edited by r.c.byrne Saturday, May 31, 2014 2:45 PM
    Saturday, May 31, 2014 2:44 PM
  • The same is true for the WinJS.UI.Repeater. It simply does not attach to the itemmutated event for whatever reason. Using setAs to force it to update works.
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:25 AM