none
Site recovery setup? How do we configure for all our server in the same recovery group? RRS feed

• Question

• Site recovery setup?  How do we modify the template for having all server move together?

We want to move the several SQL IaaS and Application/Web IaaS together to another region as a redundancy solution?

If we move the several SQL IaaS and Application/Web IaaS to another availability zone within the same region is this possible?

I specific step on filling out this configuration into a single Azure Site Recovery setup.

Please provide a link or else provide detailed steps?  I had tried to configure this be go stuck at configuring multiple server into a single recovery group.

dsk

Friday, May 10, 2019 12:25 PM

All replies

• Migrating all servers to Azure depends on certain limitations, which you may already know. I didnt get the context you refer to as Template ?

Friday, May 10, 2019 3:49 PM
  • during the configuration of site recovery you can download AzureStack-Tools-master and cloudcapabiities directories.   How do I use this to configure which servers in my system are in the site recovery group ( the server which will need to recover to another location in case of a dissaster ).

I am wanting to know detailed steps on how to set up site recovery.   I am confused on how to add interrelated servers to a single site recovery group?,... we have various SQL servers, web app servers as well as Standard SKU load-balancers?  I wanting the recovery location to be our DR location which is thousands of miles away.

dsk

• Edited by kimdav111 Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:31 AM
    Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:27 AM
  • I would recommend to start with a simple self paced lab provided by Microsoft

https://www.microsoft.com/handsonlabs/selfpacedlabs

Search with the Keywords "Migrate" and "Site Recovery" and review the contents to get a basic idea on ASR.

In Parallel you can examine, the documentation on ASR

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/site-recovery/

This is a good way to get started with and you can post specific questions here as you encounter while implementing this. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Friday, May 31, 2019 11:07 AM
  • Just checking to see if the response was helpful, if not please comment on the thread so that we can assist further.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 8:39 AM