none
SelectedMailingAddress - Exchange Webservices RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using Exchange Webservices to populate our Outlook users contacts folders.

The ContactType object don’t have all the attributes required, so for that I am using the ExtendedPropertyType object method. This seems to work fine for properties like Gender, FTPsite, ect.

For some reason I just can’t get to work for the SelectedMailingAddress property. I use the same code structure as the other, the moment I add the SelectedMailingAddress property bit of code(below), it falls over. Any ideas?

extendedPropertyType = new ExtendedPropertyType()

{

ExtendedFieldURI = new PathToExtendedFieldType()

{

PropertyTag = "0x8022",

PropertyType = MapiPropertyTypeType.Integer

},

Item = 1

};

extendedPropertyTypes.Add(extendedPropertyType);

Regards

WDV

Friday, June 1, 2012 8:52 AM

Answers

• This property is a Named property not a tagged property see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc979184.aspx for a discussion of the differences between the two.

So what you need to do is use the PidLidPostalAddressId definition from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc815430.aspx

eg

PathToExtendedFieldType extendedField = new PathToExtendedFieldType();
                extendedField.DistinguishedPropertySetId =  DistinguishedPropertySetType.Address;
                extendedField.DistinguishedPropertySetIdSpecified = true;
                extendedField.PropertyType = MapiPropertyTypeType.Integer;
                extendedField.PropertyId = 32802;
                extendedField.PropertyIdSpecified = true;

However you don't really need to do this you can just use the Strong Type eg

ontactItemType cnt = new ContactItemType();
    cnt.PostalAddressIndexSpecified = true;
    cnt.PostalAddressIndex = PhysicalAddressIndexType.Home;

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by WDV-KT17 Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:16 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 7:58 AM