none
WCF adapter and Orachestration published as web service RRS feed

• Question

• 1. Lets say you have an orchestration  that's exposed as a web service . (with WCF basic HTTP  Request Response port )

1  A  client calls the web service
      2  The orchestration takes a lot of time to   send  a response message back to the web service calls
      3. The client times out ... But  waht  happens to the Response Message that is published  back  after a long time by the orchestration .. ?
          Will it fail routing?

We had this scenario in our production  beacuse of some  memory leaks(MS send us a patch for a xlang assembly) server were near crashing for nearly a day..After the patch was applied and box re-started  I see lot of routing failure reports ( Routing failure was checked on)  of the WebService Respone Messages( Response send back to the client)
    Friday, January 8, 2010 11:12 PM

Answers

• Are you making different calls to the web services? if yes, then there will be n number of XLANG schedule instance and those are corelating with your co-relation properties.

Obiviously the XLANG schedule instance will be dehydrated in case of any failure delivery.
    aryal
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:11 PM

All replies

• Yes you should get two 'failed routing' suspended messages one from the send port and one from the orchestration.
    Monday, January 11, 2010 1:27 AM
  • 1. web  bservice call comes in ...
    2. EPM manager creates a instance subscription with a correlation id to get back the response ...

3. In my case what i have notices is if the orchestration takes a long time to complete  the isntance subscriptions are lost after some time (may be according to the default time out of 20 mts)
       But waht I have noticed for every webservice call(= one instance of orchsetration ) there are 22 routing failues, for some reason  it tries 22 times ..

I don't know where this number is set ...
    Monday, January 11, 2010 3:18 PM
  • Are you making different calls to the web services? if yes, then there will be n number of XLANG schedule instance and those are corelating with your co-relation properties.

Obiviously the XLANG schedule instance will be dehydrated in case of any failure delivery.
    aryal
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:11 PM