none
Help me to connect from power bi web to azure log analytics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm trying to connect power BI web portal from log analytics. I read a lot of articles but I did not find a solid solution for this. So I came up with workaround send logs to blob storage and from there using stream analytics job to send power bi web portal datasets. Now I was stuck in sending log analytics query results to blob storage. 

1) Can someone help me with this? Is there any direct way to send logs from log analytics to power bi web?. Looking for live streaming data. 

2) How can I send log analytics query results to blob storage?.

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:21 PM

Answers

• For importing Log analytics data to the Power Bi , you can refer this article.  Please follow these steps and revert in case of any issues.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:58 AM
  • I have written the detailed answer here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Log-Analytics/Help-me-to-connect-from-power-bi-web-to-azure-log-analytics/m-p/825580/highlight/false#M1929 as it is the same question.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:51 AM

All replies

• For importing Log analytics data to the Power Bi , you can refer this article.  Please follow these steps and revert in case of any issues.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 4:58 AM
  • I have written the detailed answer here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Log-Analytics/Help-me-to-connect-from-power-bi-web-to-azure-log-analytics/m-p/825580/highlight/false#M1929 as it is the same question.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:51 AM
  • Hi,

In general you can move/save you log data in Azure event hub, Log workspace or azure blobs, once you have data in these stores you can easily get the data into power bi with the help of several ETL options or directly connecting with power bi i.e. in your case either save azure storage as the data storage of your logs and then connect power bi to the blobs via SAS links or storage keys OR extract log data and move it to azure blobs and then connect power bi.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:04 AM