Issue while opening Window Form on other windows 10 machine RRS feed

• Question

• I  have a windows for developed in C# for some calculation.

I can open this form on my windows 10 machine but when i try to open on other windows 10 machines,it gives an error like "This application could not be started. Do you want to view information about this issue?" and when i click on 'Yes',it redirects me to 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/application-not-started

I compared the .Net Framework from my machine but i don't see any difference at all.

Could any one please help me out in this regard?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Monday, October 12, 2020 6:58 AM

All replies

• Check if your project includes a reference to an assembly that is not part of the .NET Framework and is not present on target machine.

Try distributing the application compiled with “Any CPU”, Release configuration and maybe select the “Prefer 32-bit” option in Project Properties.

Instead of copying the files manually, right-click the main project in Solution Explorer, select “Publish…”, then “From a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM” and finish the Wizard. You will obtain a folder with several items and “setup.exe”. Copy the whole folder with subfolders to destination machine and start “setup.exe”.

Also perform some experiments with a simplest Form application.

Monday, October 12, 2020 9:49 AM
  • Selecting Publish worked for  me.

Thank you so much.

Monday, October 12, 2020 12:20 PM
  • Hi Anuj Roy,

It seems that your problem has been solved, so please click the "Mark as Answer" Link at the bottom of the correct post(s), so that it will help other members to find the solution quickly if they face a similar issue.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 1:25 AM