Are HealthServiceInvalidPersonException problems permanent? RRS feed

• Question

• Our application makes offline connections to query for changes in user data. One of the queries is getting the following exception:

(Microsoft.Health.HealthServiceInvalidPersonException) The account is not active.

When does this exception get fired? The MSDN documentation doesn't explain the circumstances. Can an account that is not active ever become active again? Should we permanently discard this person ID from our query set, or should we keep it around because it might come back later?

Thanks,
    jeff

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 7:46 PM

Answers

• Hello Jeff,

The HealthServiceInvalidPersonException indicates that the person specified in the request is either nonexistent or inactive. The StatusCode for this exception is InvalidPerson. Please find the StatusCodes information in the below url.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.health.healthservicestatuscode.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Madan Kamuju 

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 8:16 PM
  • Typically for offline connections, this would most commonly occur if a user deauthorizes your application ID, I believe-- or am I misunderstanding the scenario here?  Does it appear like there is something else going on with the user?

Once a person/record ID becomes invalid, I don't believe it can become valid again in normal circumstances.  If a user reauthorizes later on they will get a new person/record ID.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hello Jeff,

The HealthServiceInvalidPersonException indicates that the person specified in the request is either nonexistent or inactive. The StatusCode for this exception is InvalidPerson. Please find the StatusCodes information in the below url.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.health.healthservicestatuscode.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Madan Kamuju 

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 8:16 PM
  • Typically for offline connections, this would most commonly occur if a user deauthorizes your application ID, I believe-- or am I misunderstanding the scenario here?  Does it appear like there is something else going on with the user?

Once a person/record ID becomes invalid, I don't believe it can become valid again in normal circumstances.  If a user reauthorizes later on they will get a new person/record ID.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:17 PM
  • Thanks, Madan and Lowell. Just what I needed to know.

jeff
    Monday, March 15, 2010 5:58 PM