none
Control tip for datasheet row in sub-form ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a sub-form which is a data sheet that is used for entering or updating a list of payments. Each payment record contains a 'last updated date' and 'last updated by' column which are set to the current date and user.

I don't want these two columns to be included in the data sheet but I would like a way for the user to display them in something like a control tip. It would have to show the values depending on the current row.

How can I do this in Access 2010?

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:26 PM

Answers

• well any click outside the current row makes it no longer current - - and you have already the datasheet object - - so your options seem limited.....

I am not familiar with dynamically managing control tips - perhaps there is a way;  all I can think of is triggering a separate pop up form with that data....

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:08 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, there isn’t this feature in access datasheet subform, also we can’t capture the event of each row of datasheet. You could consider to use continuous form.

Another way is that you could change subform’s record source in double click event of subform to show detail result or summary result.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 12, 2016 6:08 AM

All replies

• well any click outside the current row makes it no longer current - - and you have already the datasheet object - - so your options seem limited.....

I am not familiar with dynamically managing control tips - perhaps there is a way;  all I can think of is triggering a separate pop up form with that data....

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:08 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, there isn’t this feature in access datasheet subform, also we can’t capture the event of each row of datasheet. You could consider to use continuous form.

Another way is that you could change subform’s record source in double click event of subform to show detail result or summary result.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 12, 2016 6:08 AM