SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 install error - caspol.exe Fatal error RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to install sql server 2008 r2 sp3 I get caspol.exe - Fatal error.  Unable to load Jit Compiler:(mscorjit.dll): file may be missing or corrupt.  Please check or rerun setup.  Then after I click ok I get the Microsoft Windows popup that says Microsoft .NET Framework CAS Policy Manager has stopped working.  This is on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server, service pack 2.  I am wondering if my .NET Framework had become corrupt on the server.  Any ideas?  This has been on a stable production sql server that has been running fine for many years.

Thanks for reading my post.

Joe Sitver

• Edited by Joe Sitver Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:27 PM
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:23 PM

Answers

•  Unable to load Jit Compiler:(mscorjit.dll): file may be missing or corrupt.  Please check or rerun setup. 

Hi Joe,

Mscorjit.dll (Microsoft .NET Runtime Just-In-Time Compiler) is a component of Web developing applications and the most prominent program that makes use of this file is the Microsoft.NET Framework.

The most common reason of the above error is that there is an improper installation/update of your .NET framework. Please use this tool to repair .NET framework. If the issue persists, you might need to uninstall and reinstall your .NET framework.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you facing something mentioned in Below support article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/926065?wa=wsignin1.0

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Technet Wiki Article

MVP

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 6:46 PM
  •  Unable to load Jit Compiler:(mscorjit.dll): file may be missing or corrupt.  Please check or rerun setup. 

Hi Joe,

Mscorjit.dll (Microsoft .NET Runtime Just-In-Time Compiler) is a component of Web developing applications and the most prominent program that makes use of this file is the Microsoft.NET Framework.

The most common reason of the above error is that there is an improper installation/update of your .NET framework. Please use this tool to repair .NET framework. If the issue persists, you might need to uninstall and reinstall your .NET framework.

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 30, 2015 3:43 AM