none
Folder.Items Attribute doesn't return item objects RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've got a question regarding the MAPIFolder.Items Attribute. I try to get all Items stored within a folder and find a specific item in this folder. But there is one big problem I'm having the MAPIFolder Object and access the Items attribute. This returns an items collection and the count attribute says that there are two items in the MAPIFolder. When I tried to access the two items i recognized that the item objects are not stored in the items collection. I don't know why they aren't stored in the items collection although the count says that there are two items.

It would be great if somebody could support me on this issue.

Kind regards,

Fabian

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:20 AM

Answers

• Thanks for this information. It was just because of a mistake made by me. Everything is working.

Regards,

Fabian

• Marked as answer by FabianLuft Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:08 AM

All replies

• how do you recognize that item objects are not stored in items collection? Item.Count returns 2 and Item[1] and Item[2] returns what?
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:31 AM
  • okay thats funny. The point is if i debug the program with visual studio the Raw Table of the ItemsCollection says that it is empty and calling .Find on the items collection doesn't return anything. As I'm accessing the Items as you mentioned the correct Item is returned.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:38 AM
  • from documentation about rawtable:

This object is deprecated and not intended to use from your code.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:04 AM
  • Thanks for this information. It was just because of a mistake made by me. Everything is working.

Regards,

Fabian

• Marked as answer by FabianLuft Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:08 AM
  • if everything works then please mark the answer and close the thread :-)
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:16 AM