none
WCF and GZIP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to find out how to make GZIP compression under WCF running and I am struggling with 2 problems:

1. Can other non-WCF clients (e.g. java) be successfuly communicating with WCF GZIP compression on server side? It looks that this might be a problem: Content-Type: application/soap+msbin1.

2. Once using WCF client and server services, I am missing SOAPAction header in SOAP request and therefore WCF service on server side cannot process request properly.

For sure I am using following configuration on both sides (client and server):

<customBinding>
            <binding name="BinaryCompressionBinding">
              <binaryMessageEncoding compressionFormat="GZip" />
              <httpTransport />
            </binding>
    </customBinding>

Thanks a lot for help,

Pavol

Sunday, June 24, 2018 7:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Pavol,

>> Once using WCF client and server services, I am missing SOAPAction header in SOAP request and therefore WCF service on server side cannot process request properly

How did you implement WCF GZIP?

Do you get any detail error by WCF Tracing?

It would be helpful if you could share us a simple demo which could reproduce your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 25, 2018 5:24 AM