none
Where are the BizTalk 2016 EDI schemas?

Question

• Hi,

In the EDI folder of the BizTalk setup folder, the MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplates.exe is not available... Anyone know where we can find the EDI schemas?

Thanks.

Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:36 AM

Answers

• This is right, these are not a part of the developer edition of BizTalk 2016. You will find them in the Standard and Enterprise edition, one of the reasons is that we are making BizTalk Server 2016 available to all for free, and therefore some of the pre-created maps, schemas etc. will only be found in the licensed version of BizTalk Server.

Best regards,

Tord Glad Nordahl
    Program Manager BizTalk

Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:29 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

As I know, MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplates.exe is included in drive:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 20xx\XSD_Schema\EDI. The schema files in this executable include EANCOM, EDIFACT, HIPAA, and X12 schemas. When you unzip them to your hard drive, they will be stored in EANCOM, EDIFACT, HIPAA, and X12 folders. Please check whether you use the right path.

Regards,

Angie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Hi Angie,

In this version (2016), the .exe is not there... as you can see in the screenshot:

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 10:32 AM
  • He's right, they're not there.  I just had to get them from a 2013 R2 install.
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:14 PM
  • This is right, these are not a part of the developer edition of BizTalk 2016. You will find them in the Standard and Enterprise edition, one of the reasons is that we are making BizTalk Server 2016 available to all for free, and therefore some of the pre-created maps, schemas etc. will only be found in the licensed version of BizTalk Server.

Best regards,

Tord Glad Nordahl
    Program Manager BizTalk

Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:29 PM
  • I downloaded and setup the evaluation to build some proof of concepts.  I also do not find the X12 schemas need for the task.  Who can I reach out to to get these schemas?
    Monday, April 10, 2017 1:39 PM
  • We have licensed edition of BizTalk Server 2016 installed but I cannot find it in the folder. 

Do we need to install something else to see the file? 

Thanks, 

Seon

Thursday, July 6, 2017 4:25 PM
  • The MSDN versions might be different but you can try this

Biztalk 2016 Standard + Enterprise + Developer ISO images:
    \BizTalk Server\MSI\Program Files\XSD_Schema\EDI\MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplates.exe

Folder list
    ------------------
    EDIFACT
    - D06A
    - D06B
    - D07A
    - D07B
    - D08A
    - D08B
    - D09A
    - D09B
    - D10A
    - D10B
    HIPAA
    - 5010 Errata
    HIX
    X12

hth /Peter

Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:29 PM
  • This is information that should be disclosed BEFORE install.  There is nothing to indicate that the developer version is missing everything except the 850 schema.  That you would want to control access for your profit model I understand but disclose that!  There is zero indication that the developer version does not have these files.  There are many procedural notes in the tutorial.  A simple "MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplates.exe is not available in the Developer version upgrade your installation to...." The website and literature give the false impression that the trial is not stripped down and it is HIGHLY unlikely that this deception is unintentional.
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:04 PM
  • The ISO images are stripped down as the schemas are moved to a open source repository on github
    https://github.com/Microsoft/Integration/tree/master/BizTalk%20Server

/Peter

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:23 PM
  • Any idea, why there is no HIPAA - 5010 and only HIPAA - 5010 Errata ?

Luckily I had BizTalk 2013 box where I found both.

Another thing, I noticed 834 Single and Multiple schema in Errata folder are exactly same.

Thanks,

harryss

harry

Tuesday, January 23, 2018 6:04 AM