none
Modifying and Rebuilding a DLL RRS feed

• Question

• Being a newbie to vb.net, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. It seems like I have to perform a step that doesn't make sense. If I add to or modify my dll project, simply rebuilding it doesn't have any affect. I have to click Start Debugging (F5) in order for the file to be updated on my hard drive. It's almost like clicking Build doesn't write the file to the hard drive and of course, I get an error when I hit F5. But the file gets written to the disk once I do this. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, just can't seem to figure out what it is. Please keep in mind, this is an entirely new area for me to be dabbling in...

Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:15 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your help. That did it! I was pointing to bin\debug instead of release...
    • Marked as answer by Truss_Man Monday, August 4, 2014 9:41 AM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,

>If I add to or modify my dll project, simply rebuilding it doesn't have any affect

You can do a simple test to verify this process. Double click the properties in solution explorer. Select Build page and see the output path. Mark sure the dll file you are looking for is the right one. Then build dll project again and to see the modify time of the dll file.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. <br/> Click <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?showpage=1&scid=sw%3Ben%3B3559&theme=tech"> HERE</a> to participate the survey.

Monday, August 4, 2014 3:04 AM
  • Thanks for your help. That did it! I was pointing to bin\debug instead of release...
    • Marked as answer by Truss_Man Monday, August 4, 2014 9:41 AM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 9:41 AM