none
Fetching Favorites/ Reading List from Edge browser RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing C# application to read and display the favorites / Reading list from EDGE browser dynamically. Could someone please let us know the logic to read the favorites?

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 11:31 AM

Answers

• Hi sm66,

My machine is still win8.1. But per my understanding, about read and display the favorites / Reading list from EDGE browser, Here I made some logic to you. I haven't tested it since I don't have Win10 machine.

1. Is there any path to store  Favorites list? In my machine, here is Favorites folder. C:\Users\XXXX\Favorites
    2. Is there any file to store  Reading List? For example, Xml file and so on. You just need to read this file is OK.  

Have a nice day!

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi sm66,

My machine is still win8.1. But per my understanding, about read and display the favorites / Reading list from EDGE browser, Here I made some logic to you. I haven't tested it since I don't have Win10 machine.

1. Is there any path to store  Favorites list? In my machine, here is Favorites folder. C:\Users\XXXX\Favorites
    2. Is there any file to store  Reading List? For example, Xml file and so on. You just need to read this file is OK.  

Have a nice day!

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 2:56 AM
  • You're in luck... I just wrote an article on doing precisely that!

Yeah, the article is in VB.Net, but that shouldn't cause you too much trouble, since the concepts are the same

http://www.emmet-gray.com/Articles/EdgeExport.html

Sunday, January 24, 2016 7:08 PM