none
"You must use a personal Microsoft account to sign in to Bing Ads" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello and thank you for your attention,

When I am authenticating I am using my work account tied to my work domain, If I try to sign in using a personal account during authentication, I am told to use a work account, however in the program I am writing I receive API error 123; "You must use a personal Microsoft account to sign in to Bing Ads". 

I would really like to keep using my work account, I am writing in C# oAuthDesktopMobileAuthCodeGrant seems to be working and issuing tokens. but inside of BulkServiceManager.DownloadEntitiesAsync, the preceding error is thrown.

Does my personal Microsoft Account need to be given a developer token for this? Or was my personal Microsoft Account given permissions instead of my work account?

I am working in a production environment
    trackingID: "c0c52922-e842-46c0-90ec-064834fe1787"
    error code: 
    "WorkIdentityNotAvailable"

• Edited by JWatkins58 Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:51 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:35 AM

Answers

• I resolved the Issue,

In my Azure app registration I needed to adjust my manifest.

I needed the option: 

"signInAudience": "AzureADandPersonalMicrosoftAccount"

You can only enable personal Microsoft accounts through the manifest. The option in the usual app registration under Supported Account Types has been removed and there is a warning at the bottom with relevant information.

Thanks again for looking into it!

• Marked as answer by JWatkins58 Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:43 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:43 PM

All replies

• Are you using SDK version 12.13.2? When you are prompted to login and grant consent to your application are you given an option to choose between work vs personal account? It is possible we enabled your work email address as personal account. If that is the case, please choose to login with a personal account as a workaround, even if this is your work account. Does that help? If none of this is helpful, I suggest that you contact support to verify your credentials. 

Best regards,

Eric

Monday, June 17, 2019 2:51 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Eric!

Thanks for the reply!

I am using SDK 12.13.2, I checked using Nuget

I used to have both a personal and work account for the same email, but i changed the alias of the personal account. 

When authenticating, if I use a personal account, I am given this error: You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead.

Which support line should I contact for further troubleshooting?

Thanks again for looking into this,
    Jake

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:44 AM
  • I resolved the Issue,

In my Azure app registration I needed to adjust my manifest.

I needed the option: 

"signInAudience": "AzureADandPersonalMicrosoftAccount"

You can only enable personal Microsoft accounts through the manifest. The option in the usual app registration under Supported Account Types has been removed and there is a warning at the bottom with relevant information.

Thanks again for looking into it!

• Marked as answer by JWatkins58 Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:43 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:43 PM