none
Using "makeEwsRequestAsync" on Office 365 from onmicrosoft.com sandbox RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, does anyone of you know if the method "makeEwsRequestAsync" works on MS's sandbox envoirment?

I was just trying to use it from Web w/ Napa, but it results in an error:

Elevated permission is required to call the method 'makeEwsRequestAsync'

• Moved by Forrest GuoModerator Friday, July 20, 2012 1:48 AM app for Office (From:Office 2013 Preview for Developers)
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:17 AM

All replies

• Settings the permission to the below does the trick.

Read/Write Mailbox:
    Includes all of the Read Item permission and also enables the Mail app
    for Outlook to use the makeEWSRequestAsync method to read and write all
    properties of any item in the user's mailbox.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:36 AM
  • Nice to know you resolved it and sharing solutions. It will benifit the community members.

thanks.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Friday, July 20, 2012 1:49 AM
  • Yes, Ole, good to know you found the answer.

If you have other questions about specifying permissions for mail apps, please feel free to take a look at this topic "Using the permission model for mail apps in Outlook" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/apps/fp161087(v=office.15)). Any feedback is always welcome.

Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:22 AM
    Answerer
  • Ole - nice job! I just wanted to add a note for all app developers - always try and use the least amount of permission your app needs to work well - in the case of ReadWriteMailbox this is a very powerful permission so only Exchange Admins can install apps which require this permission level.

In this case Ole has good reason - he wants to call makeEWSRequestAsync to offer more functionality in his app.

Cheers...pc

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:42 PM
  • I did some digging not knowing exactly what needed to be set as Read/Write Mailbox, either My exchange Mailbox or else.

Then I figured it out so I'm posting the answer here for others to find more easily.

Your Office add-in manifest.xml needs to have

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <OfficeApp ...>

<Permissions>ReadWriteMailbox</Permissions>

Source - https://dev.office.com/docs/add-ins/outlook/understanding-outlook-add-in-permissions

• Edited by Yannick Gagnon Thursday, July 21, 2016 12:16 PM Add missing source link, my account needed to be verified apparently
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:20 PM