none
Windows Biometric Service failed to load an adapter binary signed by "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,everyone,

I have implemented the WBDI driver for my device based on UMDF1. And I have submitted the HLK test package and gotten the driver signed by  "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher" just before a couple days.

When i test the signed driver, i found in some systems(windows 10), the device cannot be found in Windows Hello. the error info is following

The Windows Biometric Service failed to load an adapter binary: <path/to/my/engineadapter.dll>.The module was not properly signed.

The Windows Biometric Service failed to configure a Biometric Unit for sensor: <name of my device> (<hardware-ID>).The operation failed with error: 0x8009803D

This error is found from event viewer on channel: Microsoft-Windows-Biometrics/Operational

But the myadapter.dll has already been signed by  "Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher".

I also find something instresting.if i upate the windows 10 to the latest version in Set--Update & Security--Windows Update, it works well, Windwos hello can find my device. If i uninstall some updates,then Windows hello cannot find my deivce, the same error(myadapter.dll was not properly signed) occurs

But i cannot confirm everyone's windows 10 is the latest version, what can i do?

Thanks a lot for your advise.

• Edited by mengruting Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:35 AM
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:30 AM