The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Service Fabric!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Is there anyway to stop service fabric cluster to save cost? RRS feed

• Question

• Now we deploy a service fabric cluster (5 nodes with A1 VM) in our MS Azure subscription, it will cost more money over than our subscription supported, we don’t want to user A0 VM, so we want to stop our Cluster when we do not use it to save money.

1. When I deactivate(pause) Service Fabric Cluster nodes, the nodes will not consume money, right?

2. I stop the Scale Set VMs, the Service Fabric will not consume money, right?

If this two approaches do not work to save money which service fabric cost, so is there anyway which can save money at that time which we do not use it?

Friday, September 9, 2016 8:44 AM

Answers

• If your services are stateful, then your services will get into quorum loss and will have loss of data, if you deactivate all the nodes.

Even, if your services are stateless, the system services that are a part of the fabric runtime, are stateful services. by deactivating the nodes, you are going to put those replica sets into quorum loss and the cluster going to go down abruptly and can go into an unrecoverable state.

The only supported way to do this, is to delete the cluster and recreate it as needed. I suggest you deploy your cluster using an ARM template, to save time on repeated deployments.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:59 PM
    Answerer