none
Apartment, Building Number or additional details in response data. RRS feed

• Question

• I have about 600,000 address that I ran through batch processing to validate and standardize along with returning lat long which is working great for the most part. Some of these are placed in the database with other software and some are manually entered so they need to be cleaned and verified. However I need to find a way retain additional details in the address outlined by USPS, mainly apartment and building numbers.

For example if I have a address that is 123 main street apt 50 it will return a validated address of 123 Main St but I loose additional details that I need to provide to a customer. Is this information contained in a different entity in the response that I am missing?

Monday, May 5, 2014 3:42 PM

Answers

• Give each row in your data set an ID and then link the geocoded data back to your original data. This way you can link the generated coordinates to your original address.

Note that geocoders are designed to turn addresses into coordinates, they often do return the address that they matched on but this shouldn't be used for cleaning/verifying addresses.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:06 PM