locked
SharePoint Designer - WorkFlow problems after re-adding missing fields. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Everything worked fine until suddenly some fields/column types went missing in the SharePoint 2010 solution. This resulted in problems triggering the WorkFlow event handler on new InfoPath form submission, even when the missing fields where put back (by re-deploying solution) (I also added the columns to the content type for the InfoPath form again).

    From the error log:

    -Workflow on association 'xxxWF' is about to be compiled
    ...

    -Workflow on association 'xxxWF' has been compiled
    ...

    -RunWorkflow: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: <Error><CompilerError Line="0" Column="10" Text="The type or namespace name 'xxx' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)" 

    -Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: <Error><CompilerError Line="0" Column="10" Text="The type or namespace name 'xxx' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)" /></Error>

    When opening the WorkFlow in SharePoint Designer and "checking" the previously working workflow for errors, multiple errors show up. It appears SharePoint Designer could not recognize the objects to set:

    Could not deserialize object. The type 'xxxx.xxxx.xxxx' could not be resolved.

    Well... any hints on how to make the Workflow work again would be awesome!

    Thanks in advance/Jesper


    • Edited by TheJesper Monday, May 13, 2013 3:49 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 3:48 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Which type or namespace name could not be found? And here is about The type or namespace name 'DbContext' could not be found , please refer:

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5741109/the-type-or-namespace-name-dbcontext-could-not-be-found

    Hope it can help you

    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 8:24 AM
  • Well.. the information in the error message is very incomplete. The namespaces we use are built in the following way:

    NameOfClient.NameOfProject.SubProject

    The error message only names the leading section, like this:

    The type or namespace name 'NameOfClient' could not be found

    And this doesn't help much. However I have checked the assembly and everything needed to my knowledge, is found here.

    /Jesper

    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:01 AM