none
How to export network drawing from visio 2013 to Excel Bill of materials and Connection Table RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I would like to create a network drawing as follows :

to create  shapes with a name , and each shape to create its port .

Then i want to connect those shapes with a connector which i also will define as type of cable .

Last , i would like to export the drawing to Excel Bill of materials that will show me also 

Table of connections  : from shape to shape and its connector type 

Kindly advise  how can i achieve it ?

Thanks

YT

• Edited by YT123456 Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:52 PM
    Saturday, May 23, 2020 7:51 PM

All replies

1. On the Review tab, click Shape Reports.

2. In the Reports dialog box, click the name of the report definition that you want to use.

Read more

Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:32 PM
  • Hi YT,

What problems do you actually have in the operation?

According to your description, the first few steps can be implemented normally.

Final step, export to excel:

Visio does not have the function of exporting directly to excel, generally we choose to copy the current drawing directly and paste it into excel.

Then you can do the following in excel:

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Monday, May 25, 2020 2:37 AM
  • Ithch Sun,

I know that Visio have wizard for export Visio's shapes data or shapes text to Excel since Visio 2000.

May be this feature was in previous versions (even before Microsoft era) :)

Video How to run and create reports in Microsoft Visio

Monday, May 25, 2020 9:56 AM
  • Hi

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:49 AM