Visual Studio Server Explorer only return classic storage account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running VS 2019 and connected to my Azure Subscription.  I only see storage account (classic) and not the ARM accounts.  This does not happen when I use my Storage Explorer tool.  I have own permission in the subscription.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Monday, October 14, 2019 9:57 PM

Answers

• Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Marked as answer by Ultragc88 Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:30 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:48 AM

All replies

• The reason it doesn't work is because Visual Studio Server Explorer does not display ARM storage accounts. (I suspect it doesn't display any ARM resources, actually). The Cloud Explorer does show ARM storage accounts.

Just for clarification: Make sure the Azure development and ASP.NET and web development workloads are updated.

If your storage account doesn't appear, you can add it by following the instructions later in this article.

You might check out the Azure Storage Explorer that the Azure team has built. It's free and multi-platform and supports both ARM and classic resources. Check it out here: http://storageexplorer.com

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the comment.  The Azure Storage Explorer does display the ARM resource.  So why VS's Server Explorer doesn't do that?  Are you saying we need to manually add it to VS?

ARM has been out for a while.  Just crazy that this is not resolved in VS.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 10:15 PM
  • I would like to provide more info on this however this moreover related Visual Studio. I would request you. Please post your query in Visual Studio Community. And also there is a  similar discussion threads  and feedback's on this issue. See here

Cloud Explorer enables you to view your Azure resources and resource groups, inspect their properties, and perform key developer diagnostics actions from within Visual Studio.

Like the Azure portal, Cloud Explorer is built on the Azure Resource Manager stack. Therefore, Cloud Explorer understands resources such as Azure resource groups and Azure services such as Logic apps and API apps, and it supports role-based access control (RBAC).

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

=========================================================

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Marked as answer by Ultragc88 Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:30 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:48 AM
  • No.  The fact of the matter is, Azure ARM has been around for a while and VS hasn't pick.

Thanks for trying to help.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:30 PM