WEC7 remote debbuging on Win8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently set up a development machine with platform builder 7 and and a corresponding sdk for our OS design. Everything seemed to work perfectly, I can build our OS, Build the applicition, but debugging the applicaiton in vs2008 isn't working. I can stop at debug breaks but can't step through code or look at member variables anything. I hit step over and it will just run to the next break point.
    Thursday, April 23, 2015 1:00 AM

All replies

• Are you running a debug version of the app (often variables are optimized away in a release build, so you cannot view them), and stepping is often wonky as the compiler may reorder or eliminate code.

Broadly speaking most debugging operations should work (breakpoints, viewing variables, stepping), although some have never really worked right for me such as breaking (hitting pause), and a number of more complex expressions in the watch window don't always work either.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 3:24 AM
  • yes, through alot of tears and sweat I found that there is a necessary hotfix. Although it seems a little weird because it requires platform builder to be installed, so it only works on my desktop, not my laptop where I skipped installing that to only working on apps.

KB2483802 is the hot fix

Friday, April 24, 2015 2:56 AM