could not load file or assembly RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old ssis 2008 package that I am trying to run.    I'm getting a system.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly message on a dll.   The dll exists in the assembly folder and appears to be recognized in the script task itself, no errors.  I checked some issues online but nothing has worked so far.    Any suggestions?
    Sunday, November 25, 2018 2:59 AM

All replies

• The error message suggests the executing account cant find the file. Are you sure the executing account has access to the path where the file resides?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:46 AM
  • I agree it can't find the file, but I don't understand why.    When I do a build on it, it builds successfully.   
    Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:04 PM
  • At runtime SSIS will attempt to load assemblies in the GAC and in the same folder as DTEXEC.exe.  If your assembly is elsewhere, see: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dbrowne/2014/06/25/how-to-load-an-assembly-in-a-ssis-script-task-that-isnt-in-the-gac/

Microsoft Technology Center - Dallas
    My blog

Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:07 PM
  • The dll I was trying to reference was a 32-bit dll. I loaded the 64-bit version and it looks like that is going to work. 
    Sunday, November 25, 2018 6:30 PM
  • The dll I was trying to reference was a 32-bit dll. I loaded the 64-bit version and it looks like that is going to work. 

Hi sqlguy10, 

Is the problem solved?

If yes, please mark the helpful reply as answer or share your solution to close this thread. This will help others with same question find the solution easier. 

If not, feel free to let we know. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:28 AM