none
Excel 2010 Addin Data management and Formular RRS feed

All replies

• Hi all,

Any idea welcome,

Can I develop addin( Should in ribbon) to do followin

thing.

• I want to re arrange data in 1st work book to show like 2nd workbook.Should open 2nd workbook with re arrange data when click addin in 1st workbook. Pls help me,

1st work book

2nd work book

0.7 2.614
    0.931 2.212
    1.058 1.979
    1.474 1.671

Friday, October 26, 2012 4:19 AM
  • Hi Chamara,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

According to your description, please clarify the following question:

All the data in the workbooks you displayed are fixed, or you need to re-arrange the data by some order in you workbook? 

Your sharing more detail information will be beneficial for us to do further research on this issue.

Best Regards, 

Leo_Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:27 AM
  • Thanks for your interest Leo,

No.All the data are just examples.Yes I want to rearrange the 1st workbook data .(to show like 2nd workbook).2nd workbook contain same data.

Up to now I am doing this manually and it is very time consuming and boring. This data come from surveying instrument and then I want to adjust those data.To do adjustment I want data like 2nd work book.  

Is this possible using develop VSTO addin ?If so pls direct me to correct path.

Thanks again

Monday, October 29, 2012 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Why don't you copy the 2nd workbook to the 1st workbook since the 2nd workbook contains the same data?

Regards,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

I have lot of data and so many work books.So then can't copy each cell.It takes lot of time.

Actually I want to 2nd Work book from 1st Work book. Those data have relationship. 1st workbook 1,3,5.... rows data should went into 2nd work book same column. And 2,4,6.... rows should be in another different column in 2nd work book.Got it?

Any idea? 

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:03 AM
  • Hi Chamara,

Can you please explain more about the data relationship between the two workbooks? Based on my understanding, your issue is only in terms of copying data from one workbook to another.

Thanks,

Leo_Gao [MSFT]

Thursday, November 1, 2012 2:48 AM
  • Hi Chamara,

I think you can achieve by following the steps below:

• Create an Excel Add-in with button which can be shown on ribbon tab.
    • In your button click event handler, you can use Applcation.Workbooks.Add() to create a new workbook.
    • Loop through all the data in workbook1 columnA, pick all the data in odd rows and put them sequentially into workbook2 columnA. Pick all the data in even rows and put them into workbook2 columnB (from B2).

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]

Friday, November 9, 2012 4:10 AM