none
Deploying Kinect application in Non-Developer machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed the WPF Kinect application. I am trying to deploy into a non-developer machine. I have installed Kinect runtime and .net framework. However my application status shows that "Kinect is not connected". I have connected the Kinect to the PC. It would be helpful if anyone provide me the steps to deploy my app in Non-developer machine.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• are you trying with a Kinect For Windows sensor?
    Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:39 PM
  • No, I am trying with Kinect XBOX 360.
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:38 AM
  • No, I am trying with Kinect XBOX 360.

Kinect for XBOX 360 is not allowed to run in non-developer mode. 
    read "What's the difference between the Kinect for Windows sensor and the Kinect for Xbox 360 sensor?" at link

Thursday, December 13, 2012 5:37 AM
  • a Kinect for XBox sensor is only usable for development, you need a Kinect For Windows sensor to test deployment.
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Thanks a lot Guys. 
    • Edited by Karthikeyan.K Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karthikeyan.K Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:08 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Hi - so I am trying to deploy our app onto non-developer machines and I can't get Kinect Runtime to work at all.  Have tried v1.5, 1.6, & 1.7 - all return only a blinking light on the Kinect (for PC).  Any thoughts / way to debug?

thanks

--s

Monday, April 8, 2013 12:22 AM
  • what did you install? What did you install on? Were there errors? What does device manager show? Did you go through the troubleshooting steps referenced in the online documentation?
    Monday, April 8, 2013 2:01 AM
  • what did you install? - kinect runtime versions 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7, each individually (i.e. removed existing version before installing another).  as well as .net framework 4.5

What did you install on? win 7

Were there errors? -> no errors on install of any of these

What does device manager show? -> what should I be checking here?

Did you go through the troubleshooting steps referenced in the online documentation? -> I believe so; documentation is so spread out all over the place let me know if you have a golden source I should be using.

I've been working w/ kinect (for pc) on my development platform w/ VS & SDK for a number of months - that's working fine.  but would like to install my application on a non-developer machine and keep it as light as possible

Monday, April 8, 2013 2:13 AM
  • So I've tried every suggestion I've seen on the web to no avail.

Then Went ahead and installed VS express 2012 and reinstalled kinect sdk & developer tools 1.7.  Still not working. When I go into device manager I see an unkown device with kinect audio & kinect camera nested underneath it - but neither are fully recognized

any help is much appreciated

Monday, April 8, 2013 8:01 AM
  • and the kinect works fine on my developer machine, so doesn't look to be an issue w/ it
    Monday, April 8, 2013 8:04 AM