How to extend number of running jobs? RRS feed

• Question

• In RS server, you can find running jobs using SQL:

SELECT * FROM RUNNINGJOBS
    I find only two jobs are running at a time in one server while more than 7 jobs are running in another server. How should I do to change number of jobs? Thanks.
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:54 AM

All replies

• SELECT sj.name , sja.* FROM msdb.dbo.sysjobactivity AS sja INNER JOIN msdb.dbo.sysjobs AS sj ON sja.job_id = sj.job_id WHERE sja.start_execution_date IS NOT NULL AND sja.stop_execution_date IS NULL

share result..

Please click Mark As Answer if my post helped.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:48 AM
  • No records
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:54 AM
  • Hi Riaon,

Generally, there are two kinds of jobs in Reporting Service. User jobs and System jobs.

User jobs are initiated by an individual user or subscription. This includes running a report on demand, requesting a report history snapshot, manually creating a report snapshot, and processing a standard subscription.
    System jobs are initiated by the report server. System jobs include scheduled report execution snapshots, scheduled report history snapshots, and data-driven subscriptions.

Reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156304.aspx

So in your scenario, what kind of running jobs do you want to check? If you want to check the scheduled jobs. You can refer to following article:https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/1846/how-to-easily-identify-a-scheduled-sql-server-reporting-services-report/

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks,
    Xi Jin.

Friday, August 26, 2016 4:30 AM
  • Xi, Thanks for information. But I have created one same report and same subscription in my two RS Server and this report will be delivered to different emails for 100 times, my question is one server delivering 2 reports at a time while another one delivering 7 reports at a time. Do you know why and how to change this situation?
    Friday, August 26, 2016 5:46 AM
  • Hi Riaon,

What's the version of the two Reporting Service? Could you please share us more detail information or screenshots about your subscription structure if possible?

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

Thursday, September 1, 2016 2:14 AM
  • I do not think it is related RS version, because it was running with 7 jobs before. But today I find there is only 2 jobs.
    Thursday, September 1, 2016 5:26 AM