none
Outlook flag Follow up reminder RRS feed

• Question

• The below code is not showing reminder pop up, it is showing only follow up date on email header.

Can any one please help me that how to show follow up flag reminder using Mail Message headers ?

message.Headers.Add("X-Message-Flag", "Follow up");
    message.Headers.Add("Reply-By", String.Format("{0:ddd, dd MMM yyyy HH:mm:ss zz}", ReplyDate));

If i use Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook i think outlook should installed in machine, but my production server is not having outlook and i can't install

And also i don't want to create appointment/ send meeting invite, i should send normal email with follow up flag and reminder enabled.

Friday, August 30, 2019 7:44 AM

All replies

• Hello Nagarjuna,

Do you see the header fields on the recipient's side?

> If i use Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook i think outlook should installed in machine, but my production server is not having outlook and i can't install

You are absolutely correct. 

Microsoft does not currently recommend, and does not support, Automation of Microsoft Office applications from any unattended, non-interactive client application or component (including ASP, ASP.NET, DCOM, and NT Services), because Office may exhibit unstable behavior and/or deadlock when Office is run in this environment.

If you are building a solution that runs in a server-side context, you should try to use components that have been made safe for unattended execution. Or, you should try to find alternatives that allow at least part of the code to run client-side. If you use an Office application from a server-side solution, the application will lack many of the necessary capabilities to run successfully. Additionally, you will be taking risks with the stability of your overall solution. Read more about that in the Considerations for server-side Automation of Office article. 

As a workaround, you may consider using EWS, see Start using web services in Exchange for more information.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Sunday, September 1, 2019 9:42 AM