SharePoint:InputFormTextBox RichText didnt work in FF RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i develop my own task edit form. We need a RichTextBox in the Form, so i added

<SharePoint:InputFormTextBox ID="tbIdee" runat="server" RichText="true" RichTextMode="Compatible" Rows="10" TextMode="MultiLine" CausesValidation="true" ></SharePoint:InputFormTextBox>

to my TaskEditForm.aspx ... But i only get a normal Textbox with no RichText functionality. The textbox can only display plain text.Whats the problem?

Edit: I found out that the RichTextBox works only in IE. Is there a possibility to show the ribbon, becouse the FF is compatible to the ribbon bar.

Greets

Thomas

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 12, 2011 10:27 AM customization not programming (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, August 12, 2011 9:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

In your "edit" above you mention the "ribbon". What version of SharePoint are you using? The "term" ribbon is most commonly used in connection with SP 2010 and this is a pre-2010 forum. You may, however, be referring to the formatting options that appear above a Rich Text Input Box.

I don't know how well Firefox works with SP 2010, but in general, non-IE browsers with SharePoint 2007 can certainly cause limitations in functionality. More information might help you get a better anwser.

Best wishes,

Eric

Friday, August 12, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

There are always issue  with sharepoint compatibility between the browers.

Refer this :

http://www.meritsolutions.com/meritmatters/index.php?/archives/145-SharePoint-Browsers-Compatibility.html

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Friday, August 12, 2011 6:09 PM
  • Check out Telerik's controls, they have a great rich text editor for SharePoint, which I'm 95% sure is compatible with FF and other browsers.

David

• Edited by David Lozzi Friday, August 12, 2011 6:14 PM removed old signature :!
    Friday, August 12, 2011 6:12 PM