C# Get RDP Current Session Information In Windows Store app

Question

• I need to get current session information (like ip address or session id) in my Windows Store app.

I found Cassia Library but it isn't compatible for Windows Store app.

any suggestions?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Thursday, March 20, 2014 11:39 PM

Answers

• You can "launch" your Windows Store app through file/protocol association. Please take a look at the "Association Launching Sample" that demonstrates how your app can be launched by registering for a protocol/ file activation. Implementing the association launching functionality will cause the user to "select" a dialog, which means that even though you can programmatically "launch" your Windows store app, the user still needs to confirm the launch before your app actually gets launched (you cannot do this from a service for example).

Here's a link to the sample:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Association-Launching-535d2cec

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Monday, March 24, 2014 10:04 PM

All replies

• The Remote Desktop Services objects for Windows Store apps is only available for the JavaScript programming language and not available for C# ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh974571.aspx ). You can take a look at the sample present in the above link to see if it suits your needs.

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, March 21, 2014 12:30 AM
  • I am pretty sure session id is out of reach as the native Win32 APIs to get session id do not support store apps. What problem you are trying to solve in demanding a session id? 

Also a local ip would probably be useless outside of the network. Why you want to know the machine's ip address?

Visual C++ MVP

Friday, March 21, 2014 12:36 AM
  • Hi,

In my Contex i have more devices connected (LAN) with the same machine(win 8) in RDP that use the same application. I would like to know which device for example "clicked the button".

Friday, March 21, 2014 8:47 AM
  • In the case you can generate a guid for each client and use the guid to identify each instance to your service

Visual C++ MVP

Friday, March 21, 2014 6:13 PM
  • Can i launch the Windows Store App with arg from Windows application? In this way i can add current session information.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Monday, March 24, 2014 3:01 PM
  • You can "launch" your Windows Store app through file/protocol association. Please take a look at the "Association Launching Sample" that demonstrates how your app can be launched by registering for a protocol/ file activation. Implementing the association launching functionality will cause the user to "select" a dialog, which means that even though you can programmatically "launch" your Windows store app, the user still needs to confirm the launch before your app actually gets launched (you cannot do this from a service for example).

Here's a link to the sample:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Association-Launching-535d2cec

Monday, March 24, 2014 10:04 PM
  • how to assoicate guid with session?

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:55 AM