No interface RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with Expression Design. When I try to run it, instead of interface I can see only a transparent window with a gray rectangle (see below). Reinstalling or installing Service Pack 1 does not help.

Expression Design

Do you have any ideas how to fix it? Thanks.

Saturday, March 1, 2008 4:48 PM

All replies

• You forgot to include the image name in your post so the image doesn't show up.

I've never heard of this problem before. What is your operating system?
    Annie
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 5:18 PM
  • I don't know why you can't see image - on my computer it appears correctly. But here is a link: http://www.wrzuta.pl/obraz/vclWPtvrfC/expression_design

I am using Windows Vista.
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 6:08 PM
  • Now I see the image. All of the forums were messed up for me eariler, which I didn't realize until after I posted my message to you. It must have been a glich of some sort.

At any rate, you certainly can't try out Design in that state! :-) Let's try this first: uninstall Design and reinstall by right clicking on the installation file and choosing Run as Administrator from the context menu. Please let me know how it goes.
    Annie
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 6:19 PM
  • Thanks. I don't know how it happened, but now it works (I even was not in time to follow your suggestion). Maybe some components were still updating in the background, especially as my computer is quite advanced in years.
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 6:41 PM
  • I'm glad it worked out for you! I hope you'll you'll share your feedback with us. Are you new to Design or have you used an earlier version of Design?
    Annie
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 6:44 PM
  • I was using Acrylic about two years ago. What I see, one of the best features is missing (PhotoMontage) and it works a bit slower than Acrylic. But it still looks as a huge piece of a great software.
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 7:10 PM
  • The photomontage feature that used to be in Design is not in Windows Live Photo Gallery, which is a free download. Since you already have a Windows Live ID you won't need to create a new account to download the Photo Gallery.
    Annie
    Saturday, March 1, 2008 7:16 PM