none
Blue Screen of Death Appears After Running Microsoft Windows Malware Removal Tool RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to use the Microsoft Windows Malware Removal Tool three times now. Every time that I let the program run overnight to thoroughly investigate for maliscious files I always wake the next morning with my laptop having been turned off.

When I turn the laptop on I am presented with an error that either asks me to run the repair tool which then results in an error or to start the laptop normally

or I receive the error that the laptop was not turned off in the normal manner where I am them asked to restart the laptop in safe mode or normal mode.

The error is most likely a CMOS related issue that I only have when using the library in Carroll County Ohio where I had numerous CMOS issues with my tower PC after downloading programs from the Libraries computer onto a flash drive and then transfered to my desktop pc. I never had any problems with the blue screen of death until I used the libraries computers along with their WiFi.

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:46 PM

Answers