none
How to download email from Exchange Online Archiving using VSTO RRS feed

• Question

•  am working on a utility for downloading the emails from Exchange Online Archiving. I am able to find the folder and download the emails of that folder using exchange web services managed API, I want to achieve this using VSTO. 

Thanks in Advance!!

Cheers 

Cool Head

Thursday, October 26, 2017 5:36 AM

Answers

• EWS is going to be your best & least painful method, otherwise you will need to use MAPI/HTTPS and emulate an Outlook connection to the desired mailboxes.  You would also need to setup a super user account much like we do with our DigiScope product.    So as I said EWS will be your friend in this case

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

• Marked as answer by Cool Head RJ Friday, October 27, 2017 3:53 AM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:37 PM

All replies

• EWS is going to be your best & least painful method, otherwise you will need to use MAPI/HTTPS and emulate an Outlook connection to the desired mailboxes.  You would also need to setup a super user account much like we do with our DigiScope product.    So as I said EWS will be your friend in this case

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Folders, Email, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, etc. from Offline Exchange Databases (EDBs), On-Premise Exchange Servers and Office 365. Migrate/Recover direct from any offline EDB into any On-Premises Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 → 2007 → 2010 →2013 → 2016 → Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

• Marked as answer by Cool Head RJ Friday, October 27, 2017 3:53 AM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:37 PM
  • You can use the OOM in VSTO so just use the MailItem's SaveAs method https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba/outlook-vba/articles/mailitem-saveas-method-outlook
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 10:50 PM