none
I've got too much Net Framework and I don't want it. Help! RRS feed

• Question

• Please help! I am not a techie. I do not want to develop any software. I somehow have acquired 4 folders for Net Framework. I cannot delete them. I can't find a Net Framework program on the Control Panel - Add or Delete Software to remove. I can't find anything on Microsoft's site about the program at all.

I don't want it and can't get rid of it! Please help me get rid of it.

Friday, August 22, 2008 2:04 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

First, would you mind telling me what your Windows version is?

For Windows XP:

You know, it is possible that some software need a .NET Framework Runtime environment to work fine.   If the .NET Framework is removed, some specific software may fail to work.   So I recommend you to check whether such kind of software exists in your machine, please.   

If you are sure about no .NET Framework is needed in your side, I think you could use this tool to clean up the .NET Framework installed in your computer.  

For Windows Vista:

You know, Windows Vista is shipped with .NET Framework 3.0, because Windows Vista supports the new features in .NET Framework 3.0 like WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) by default, which means .NET Framework become one part of the operation system.   So, it is not recommended to remove .NET Framework in Windows Vista.

Besides, you could check the registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\], under each version of .NET Framework folder, check [Install] to see whether it is installed and check [SP] to determine the Service Pack version.   

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, August 25, 2008 4:24 AM