none
New to AAD and O365 - Provisioned Portal exists - Can you validate Federated Domains?

Question

• Hi All,

This inquiry is a little long-winded...

I'm trying to validate what has already been done in our existing O365 portal already. 

History - We had purchased a very small company (let's call it 'CompanyB') and a 1 1/2 years ago, that company moved to O365 without any interaction from our IT as they were not integrated with us other than in name.  I'm thinking that our main corporate's naming convention ('CompanyA') was used (guessing here as the primary Admin login is @CompanyA.onmicrosoft.com) and some sort of Federation briefly took place to move CompanyB's mailboxes into Exchange Online.  On the bright side, it appears that CompanyB has not sync'ed with AAD since then.

Can you inspect AAD info by installing two items, the "Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant" and the "PowerShell module for Azure Active Directory"?  Can I install those items on any Server in CompanyA and run cmdlet "Get-MsolDomain -Authentication Federated" using the credentials @CompanyA.onmicrosoft.com and that should then display the list of Federated Domains?

TL;DR - Would like to verify Federated domains without using CompanyB resources/equipment.

Thank you

Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:11 PM

All replies

• You can do it from any location, but in order to use PowerShell you need an account associated with that company. If you only want to check about federation, you can even do it directly from the O365 portal - go to the login page and enter any username associated with the company domain(s) - if you are redirected to another site, you know the domain is federated.
    Friday, March 17, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Thank you Vasil. Getting up to speed on O365.
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 8:52 PM