none
OPOS Configuration for Epson Network POS Devices RRS feed

• Question

• We use a number of Epson TM-T88 printers with wired network interfaces.  Once we configure the IP addresses they work great.  But randomly, once every couple of days, the OPOS.Net configuration seems to forget the IP address for each printer, and resets it to 0.0.0.0.

I can find no reason for this, and it does it on two sites and about twenty terminals.  Yet others all work fine.

I was wondering if any knows why they would lose their config? Or is there a way we can "reset" the IP address from within our application each time it starts?  

This problem is driving me nuts, so any and all help would be gratefully received.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Townsma,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Min Zhu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:40 AM
  • Just a wild guess since this happens on  few systems and not others, do these systems have CMOS battery and are they still good on the ones that are failing?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:46 AM
  • Hi Sean,  Thanks for the input.  These terminals are all brand new, less than a month old.

I have been doing a lot of testing, and I am leaning towards a bug in the Epson setup program.  All the faulty units have the latest version from epsonexperts.com.  Where as the older terminals, are using a slightly older version.

I did try to contact epsonexperts.com, and I have to say that was a waste of space.  They get you to create an account, then fill in a form. During which time you must enter you address and country.  After you have done all that, and explained the problem, two days later they send you an email saying you are outside the US so not entitled to email them or ask them questions.  Would it be so difficult to put a note on the website, before I waste my time, saying they will not answer my questions.  I am really going off Epson.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:58 AM
  • Hi Townsma,

Thank you for contacting the forums.   My team here in developer support has reviewed the issue reported.  In reviewing any known issues for the Espon TM T88 or T88V printers, we have not found this specific issue.

What we have had is a report where the driver versions were not installed to be the latest from Epson at that time which was causing the device to not be found.   Installing to latest version, version 2.67 revision 9, resolved that case.

For further feedback, the IP address should stay with the device for the duration of having power.  Are they sure it is not losing power?    I wish we could say we have something already on this but we have no further reports.

Thanks,  

Nathan

Monday, July 15, 2013 6:38 PM
  • Thanks for your efforts.  Last night I was hunting around the web looking for any one else who may have experienced a similar problem.  I was rewarded by locating a different source of Epson downloads.  I usually get my downloads from Epson-expert.

On this new site I found a new OPOS.Net setup program and drivers.  In the "fixes" it describes the issue I have.  So I downloaded them and installed them.  Until now we have had no re-occurrences of this problem.

So I am hopeful the problem is fixed.  It seems the problem was with the Epson drivers.

Again, thanks to everyone for their efforts.

For anyone that is interested the link to the newer drivers is https://download.epson-biz.com/modules/pos/download.php?fid=4061

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:54 AM