none
PowerPoint recent files - VSTO/VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In PowerPoint there is no RecentFiles collection in PowerPoint.Application (vsto). (In Word and Excel it works well and can be used to add or remove entries)

Could you tell me please how is it possible to change these entries programmatically?

I think an other way could be if I change the corresponding registry entries. But in this case I have to restart PowerPoint to have changes take effect. Is it possible to force PowerPoint to refresh its recent list from registry?

Thank you!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Deverion,

It's based on my experience that you can access that infomation form the registry entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Softeware\Microsoft\Office\[your office version]\PowerPoint\File MRU".

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, June 7, 2012 4:51 AM
  • Hi Deverion,

It's based on my experience that the only way of your goal is close the application then restart it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Monday, June 18, 2012 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Deverion,

It's based on my experience that you can access that infomation form the registry entry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Softeware\Microsoft\Office\[your office version]\PowerPoint\File MRU".

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Thursday, June 7, 2012 4:51 AM
  • Hi Tom!

I know I can access that information from the registry, but PowerPoint has to be restarted to reflect the registry change.

I would like to know how to force PowerPoint to refresh its mru list from the registry without restarting it.

Thank you!

Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:35 AM
  • Hi Deverion,

It's based on my experience that the only way of your goal is close the application then restart it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Monday, June 18, 2012 11:51 AM