Setup project RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to close the finish form automatically when the installation finish (without clicking on the "finish" button)?
    • Moved by Figo Fei Friday, October 16, 2009 4:06 AM (From:.NET Framework Setup)
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:03 PM

Answers

• Just go to the User Interface view in the Setup project, right-click the Finished form (under End) and delete it.
    Phil Wilson
    • Proposed as answer by Figo Fei Monday, October 26, 2009 4:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zhi-Xin Ye Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:19 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:07 PM
  • Hi gadgallea

If we delete the finished dialog in the end group, all the other dialogs should also be removed in the setup project.

As far as I know, the setup project can do so far.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Figo Fei Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:15 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi gadgallea

As we discussed in the thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/c931f7fd-91b2-4716-9b37-9dccb700815d , you can use silent installation.

If you're talking about another problem, please let me know.

As the question is about setup project, I'm moving it to setup project forum for further response.

Thanks.

Figo Fei

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, October 16, 2009 4:05 AM
  • I am sorry but I am very frustrated because of the setup project. All I need now is to remove the last form. I dont want silent installation.
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:56 AM
  • Just go to the User Interface view in the Setup project, right-click the Finished form (under End) and delete it.
    Phil Wilson
    • Proposed as answer by Figo Fei Monday, October 26, 2009 4:19 AM
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:07 PM
  • It is forcing not to. I can't delete it
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 12:05 PM
  • Hi gadgallea,

Can you share more information and clarify a bit with us why neither the silent install nor delete Finished Form work for you?

Thanks!
    Monday, October 26, 2009 4:16 AM
  • I cant delete the form becuase the .NET don't let me to. After I delete the form it says that in each section I need a form (it gives me an error).
    I don't want silent installation, I just want to close the last form automatically.
    Monday, October 26, 2009 8:30 AM
  • Hi gadgallea

If we delete the finished dialog in the end group, all the other dialogs should also be removed in the setup project.

As far as I know, the setup project can do so far.

Thanks.
    • Proposed as answer by Figo Fei Tuesday, November 3, 2009 2:15 AM
    Monday, October 26, 2009 9:04 AM