Polling Statement to Poll Oracle Store Procedure using BizTalk WCF Oracle/Custom adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to poll the oracle data using Store procedure. The SP simply has the select statement which returns the records after joining some tables.

If I give the Polling Statement as  'Select * from SampleTable', I am able to poll the records. But instead of Select statement I want to call the Store Procedure. My Store procedure is 'SampleProc'. 

I checked this - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd788064.aspx link which says to give instance message of schema in polling statement but again I am getting error saying only Select statement is valid.

Can anyone help me to know how I can call SP in polling statement.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi rocky,

As you mentioned above, we can configure the Oracle Database adapter to receive polling-based messages from Oracle database. It has two ways of polling the Oracle database: SELECT statements or stored procedures, functions, or procedures or functions within a package.

The article provide detailed steps to poll Oracle Database, firstly you can recheck the steps, perhaps there is something wrong during you create it. Secondly you can also provide detailed error message, it will be helpful for us to troubleshoot it further. 

Regards,

Angie 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, May 27, 2017 6:33 AM
  • Hi

Firstly, you have to generate the xsd schema for the stored procedure as Inbound operation in Visual Studio.

Secondly, generate an instance from the procedure. The xml from the instance will be your polling statement.

An example polling statement looks like this:

<ns0:GET_SAMPLES xmlns:ns0="http://Microsoft.LobServices.OracleDB/2007/03/DBSCHEMA/Package/SAMPLE" />

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Jerome

Monday, May 29, 2017 12:11 PM