Could not load file or assembly 'DundasWebChart, Version=9.0.242.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with displaying a report that contains graphics from the Reporting Services Web site.
    This problem only occurs when I display a page that contains a chart.
    The other pages are displayed perfectly.

The error is as follows:

An error occurred During rendering of the report.
    Could not load file or assembly 'DundasWebChart, Version = 9.0.242.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system can not find the file specified.

It seems that the problem comes from "DundasWebChart", but do not know the solution.

In the Visual Basic solution perfectly the graphics displayed on every page.

can someone please help me.

thank you very much

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on the current information, it seems that the DundasWebChart.dll file in the \Reporting Servcvies\ReportServer\bin folder is corrupted. To resolve this issue, copy the DundasWebChart.dll from another machine and replace the current one. If it doesn't work, please also copy the DEVMGR.DLL from other machine and replace the one on the current machine. The DEVMGR.DLL file is located in C:\Windows\system32 (32-bit OS) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (64-bit OS).

Hope this helpls.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Shahfaisal Muhammed Friday, January 18, 2013 10:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:29 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:59 AM

All replies

• Probably you have to install DundasWebChart on your Reporting Services Server, not only on your development machine.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, you may find a better solution on the Dundas forums.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:51 PM
  • Thank you very much for the answer

DundasWebChart.dll currently exists in the following path:

C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft SQL Server \ MSSQL.3 \ Reporting Services \ ReportServer \ bin

Do not use any of Dundas software, only use "chart" control included in Reporting Services design.

The problem appears in Internet Explorer when viewing a page containing this control chart.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Did you use them previously? Try by removing it completely from your machine.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:46 PM
  • Previously everything worked fine, but in recent days has stopped working. When I generate a report from Reporting Services web browser, generates the report but when accessing a page containing chart graphics I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'DundasWebChart, Version = 9.0.242.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system can not find the file specified.
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

Based on the current information, it seems that the DundasWebChart.dll file in the \Reporting Servcvies\ReportServer\bin folder is corrupted. To resolve this issue, copy the DundasWebChart.dll from another machine and replace the current one. If it doesn't work, please also copy the DEVMGR.DLL from other machine and replace the one on the current machine. The DEVMGR.DLL file is located in C:\Windows\system32 (32-bit OS) or C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (64-bit OS).

Hope this helpls.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Shahfaisal Muhammed Friday, January 18, 2013 10:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:29 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:59 AM
  • I had this issue a couple times over the years and both times just rebooting the server took care of the issue.
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:16 PM