wrong Properties.settings file RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up some default values in a Properties.Settings file. The values appear normally in the solutions explorer or in the Project, Settings window. But when I try to access them programmatically through eg.

_iPruningYear = Properties.Settings.Default.PruningYear;

I get a totally different value for 'iPruningYear'

Ralph Bloch

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:35 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am afraid that the issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:34 AM
  • If this is a generic Visual C# question, you'd probably get a good response on the Visual C# language forum.

If it's more related to windows forms, you should ask in the Windows Forms General forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Friday, October 25, 2013 7:57 PM
  • Thank you. The problem clearly was a Visual Studio installation problem, though it had worked faultlessly for the past year. I saved the project files, uninstalled Visual Studio 2012 and made a new install. I started the particular project as a new project and then imported all the files that are not created automatically. Since then, the problem is gone.

Ralph Bloch

Sunday, November 3, 2013 2:55 PM