iis 6 to iis 8 import/export apppool and sites RRS feed

• Question

• User-1471881183 posted

hello all,

i have a old server called A with iis6 and windows 2003

i have a new server called B with iis8 and windows server 2012

now, i have to create app pools, sites as like in A to B server. 

Way 1

1. i tried to export the apppools, sites using %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd list apppool /config /xml > c:\apppools.xml commands but, its not supporting in Windows 2003 so, i dropped this idea

Way 2

2. I have a option in IIS of server A (right click  on app pools-->all tasks-->save configuration to a file), it saved but, when i try to import the same from server B IIS then i dont see any option to import.

My doubt is, by Way1 is it possible to export by commands in server A? if so, let me know

Or else by Way2, how do i enable Import/Export option in my server B, i installed web deployment 3.6 but, it is not at all displaying.

Please help me.

<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 6:27 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi winseealn@hotmail.com,<o:p></o:p>

If you’d like to migrate Sites and App Pools etc from IIS 6 to IIS 8, you can try to use IIS Easy Migration Tool (IEMT).<o:p></o:p>

Overview:<o:p></o:p>

The IIS Easy Migration Tool (IEMT) helps with the migration from one Microsoft IIS server to another. It helps to transfer web sites, Windows users, Windows user groups, FTP accounts, virtual directories, application pools, SSL certificates, Web/FTP folders structure and also assign NTFS folders permissions. It can also be used as IIS backup, recovery and consolidation software. There are 2 versions of the IIS Easy Migration Tool: "IEMT" and "IEMT 7". IEMT is able to migrate IIS 6.0 to IIS 6.0, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 10. IEMT 7 is able to migrate IIS 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 10 to IIS 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 10.<o:p></o:p>

With Regards, <o:p></o:p>

Fei Han<o:p></o:p>

Thursday, December 7, 2017 6:16 AM
  • User-1471881183 posted

Thanks for your response but, this s/w is not working in my server A

Thursday, December 7, 2017 12:07 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi winseealn@hotmail.com,<o:p></o:p>

I do not have windows 2003 server to reproduce the issue, and your question is IIS related, you can get help in IIS forum.<o:p></o:p>

With Regards, <o:p></o:p>

Fei Han<o:p></o:p>

Friday, December 8, 2017 4:26 AM