none
CFileDialog not showing "all" files WinCE 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right forum, please redirect me if I'm in the wrong place, thanks!

WinCE .0, MFC CFileDialog.. if I place 5 copies of a file throughout the WinCE file system, CFileDialog shows only 2 instances in "All Folders", thus leading me to believe that somehow directory permissions are preventing the file open dialog from finding all of the instances.

If this is true I need to constrain my app users as to where they can place these files on the WinCE device and document it.

I can't trace into AfxCtxGetOpenFileName() to see what's happening, which is why I'm posting here.  Can't trace into, can't find source code, nada.

All info, manual pages, comments, appreciated!

Ed Averill

Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Edward,

Without knowing where and how the files are placed it is unlikely you will get any insight from this forum.  However, you can likely debug this yourself with remote Fileviewer and inspecting the attributes on the files and directories in question.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:45 PM
  • Hi Edward,

Without knowing where and how the files are placed it is unlikely you will get any insight from this forum.  However, you can likely debug this yourself with remote Fileviewer and inspecting the attributes on the files and directories in question.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

----------

I'll give that a shot - thanks!

..ed..

Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:07 PM
  • FWIW, it seems that my files don't show up in CFileDialog "open file" if they're in a SYSTEM directory. This actually makes sense to me, in a way.

More info if I turn anything else up!

..ed..

Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:13 PM
  • Exactly! There are certain protected areas that you do not want users / apps to be able to modify as the smooth running of the OS is a higher priority.

NOTE: In Desktop Windows you can equate the users settings and folders as one of these protected areas.
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:22 PM
  • Exactly! There are certain protected areas that you do not want users / apps to be able to modify as the smooth running of the OS is a higher priority.

NOTE: In Desktop Windows you can equate the users settings and folders as one of these protected areas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely documenting this to kep users from "losing" files b dropping them bad places.

Thanks for the assistance!!!

..ed..

Thursday, March 17, 2016 7:45 PM