none
Infopath forms

Question

• we currently have a InfoPath form but it seems the attach file functionality isn't working. When you select browse the screen just greys out. I've tried removing it and the sp form doesn't show the behavior. replicatable on multiple different lists and we have removed the attachment field and re added it but same issue.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi rednerd- I'd check the trust settings in InfoPath. Is this a form embedded in SP using the InfoPath web part? Is it working when you preview it in InfoPath?

cameron rautmann

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:52 PM
  • Hi rednerd13,

Have you published the InfoPath form to a SharePoint form library? Or you just use the File Attachment in InfoPath form?

Per my test, Whenever I try to publish the template which has File Attachment(base64binary as datatype), it showing following exception.

The selected field cannot be promoted because its datatype is not supported: base64binary

So we cannot promoted File Attachment to SharePoint form library.

You can use the default File Attachment in SharePoint list instead of creating an InfoPath form.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:29 AM