none
File transport does not have read/write privileges for receive location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am getting this error when attempting to enable my receive ports that reads from this location:

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "Receive Location1" with URL \\networkserver.domain.test\folder\folder\in\*.*" to the adapter "FILE". Reason: "File transport does not have read/write privileges for receive location “\\networkserver.domain.test\folder\folder\in\.”

The BizTalk Service Account does not have, and cannot get the specific permissions needed on the folders.

But I have a user account that has full access, and I can map a network drive with that user and read/delete files with no problems.

I tried adding the user to File Adapters Properties settings under Authentication and checking the option ‘Use these credentials when host does not have access to network share’

Still I get the error, what am I missing??

Torben

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• hi,

you need to have "Full control" on Receive Location, it's the case ? Not Full Read or Full Write.

It don't work without this.

Regards

Joao.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:45 AM
  • This should work, unless you didn't restart the host instance that control your Receive Port.

There can be many reasons for this error. First of all try the KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888498 .

Then try the solution on this link http://bluebiztalk.blogspot.com/2008/05/file-transport-does-not-have-readwrite.html

Also refer Best Practices for Securing Adapters

Rachit

Please mark as answer or vote as helpful if my reply does

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:34 PM
  • ok I will request that the user has Full Control over that folder. I will get back with the result..

Torben

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:29 PM
  • Sorry for that long time to responce, but that so long time it take the IT admin to grand the user Full Control.

Still not working !

The Messaging Engine failed to add a receive location "Receive Location1" with URL \\networkserver.domain.test\folder\folder\in\*.*" to the adapter "FILE". Reason: "File transport does not have read/write privileges for receive location “\\networkserver.domain.test\folder\folder\in\.”

and as you can see the user (BTS-BRE-user) now have full controll.

Torben

Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:39 AM
  • Are you setting DomainName in user name authentication?

If you are setting user name like this BTS-BRE-user then I think it should be like

DomainName\BTS-BRE-user

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Thursday, May 28, 2015 8:59 AM
  • Problem Solved !

the user allso needs access (just read access) to the top share it self

Thank you all !

Torben

Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:22 AM