none
Error when creating Store Packages "Payload contains two or more files" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting an error when I Project--> Publish-->Create app packages...

When I create X86-X64-ARM I get the following error  (43 errors) 

If I just target X86 no errors , but if I target x64 I get the errors.  Here are two samples:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Suppression State
    Error  Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path 'System.Collections.dll'. Source files:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.any.system.collections\4.0.11\lib\netcore50\System.Collections.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\runtime.aot.system.collections\4.0.10\runtimes\aot\lib\netcore50\System.Collections.dll  (package name )

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Suppression State
    Error  Payload contains two or more files with the same destination path 'System.Core.dll'. Source files:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\microsoft.netcore.portable.compatibility\1.0.2\lib\netcore50\System.Core.dll
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\UWPNuGetPackages\microsoft.netcore.portable.compatibility\1.0.2\runtimes\aot\lib\netcore50\System.Core.dll SAT Flashcards Lite    

I've tried changing the Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform v6.2.9 nuget package but that did not help. 

I'm also adding SQLite-net-pcl v1.6.292

Fritz Switzer

Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:35 AM

Answers

• Hi fswitz,

Did you clean and rebuild the project then remove the relevant bin and obj folders before you created the X64 package? What did you choose for your app Platform Target [Project properties->Build->Platform Target]? 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by fswitz Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:30 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi fswitz,

Did you clean and rebuild the project then remove the relevant bin and obj folders before you created the X64 package? What did you choose for your app Platform Target [Project properties->Build->Platform Target]? 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by fswitz Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:30 PM
    Thursday, November 7, 2019 8:54 AM
  • Daisy,

Preparing the app for the Microsoft Store, creating appx for X86, X64, ARM.

Changing the Platform Target [Project properties->Build->Platform Target] had an effect. Here are the results

Windows 10, version 1903  Failed

Windows 10, version 1809  Failed 

Windows 10, version 1803  Built Successfully, Win App Cert Passed

Windows 10, Creators Update  Built Successfully, Win App Cert Passed

The previous errors all contained "/aot/" in the file path names for the "Two Payload" errors. 

Fritz Switzer

Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:28 PM