none
Line spacing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I am rendering text boxes from MS PowerPoint saved files. I have created simple presentation with one text box which contains single character of specified height. I have specified line spacing which more than character height. Where I should place the baseline for drawing text on that line? If line spacing and character height are qual the baseline for drawing is simply equal to descender of font but when  line spacing is more than font height baseline should be a little bit another location.

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi --rs--,

This functionality was discussed in another thread on this forum:

Placement of the first line on a page in DOCX (in relation to paragraph line spacing)

As was stated in that thread, there are considerations that are part of the Office product's algorithm set which are not part of the scope of the standard or implementer's notes.  PowerPoint does not place the text precisely on the bottom or center of the line but the determination of where to place it is not covered by the standard and is left as an implementation detail for the implementer.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hi -rs-,

Thanks for your question about the PowerPoint binary file format ([MS-PPT]).  One of the Open Specifications team will respond shortly to begin working with you.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Hi --rs--,

This functionality was discussed in another thread on this forum:

Placement of the first line on a page in DOCX (in relation to paragraph line spacing)

As was stated in that thread, there are considerations that are part of the Office product's algorithm set which are not part of the scope of the standard or implementer's notes.  PowerPoint does not place the text precisely on the bottom or center of the line but the determination of where to place it is not covered by the standard and is left as an implementation detail for the implementer.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:56 PM