Is CSF Mature? Does it support other industries? RRS feed

• Question

• We are a major media/content company, which offers content through cable, broadband, web, mobile device and print.

We are thinking about implementing CSF.

Is CSF ready for a non-telecom company? Everything I read is telecom centric.

We do have many disparate systems that generate content that we need to merge into many different interfaces.

We currently do not have many media partners but this could change over the next year.

We currently do not have much of a BSS/OSS backend, or any clearinghouse operations.

We currently do not charge for our content.

We are  making limited use of web services, could we just continue doing our SOA that way.

Is CSF Mature?

When a Frameworks ‘HelloWorld’ example is hundreds of lines of code I get a little worried. Is this over kill for our implementation?

Does Microsoft have Media Company Examples/Whitepapers? All I See is telecom.

Is there a CSF Lite we could implement?

Does CSF support ASP.NET 2.0 / SQL 2005? I only see VS 2003 examples.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:00 PM

Answers

• CSF is into its third version - a very much hardened platform - thanks to the many telco and non-telco wins & deployments. Though its heritage is telco, the platform has also matured to serve the media & entertainment industry addressing the complex digital services/content creation, integration and delivery requirements, while helping to integrate backend business systems/analytics.

Other industries that are starting to apply SOA design principles into their processes & infrastructure are also good candidates to utilize CSF to integrate and manage their dynamic webservices integration. We are seeing broad interest and uptake of CSF as the service delivery & SOA platform of choice.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Answers to few questions

CSF 3.0 supports ASP .Net 2.0 and SQL Server 2005. You can download the developer edition from http://msdn.microsoft.com/csf

Please also see links on.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/mediaandentertainment/default.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/solutions/connectedservicesframework.mspx

Thanks

Kapil

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:55 PM
  • CSF is into its third version - a very much hardened platform - thanks to the many telco and non-telco wins & deployments. Though its heritage is telco, the platform has also matured to serve the media & entertainment industry addressing the complex digital services/content creation, integration and delivery requirements, while helping to integrate backend business systems/analytics.

Other industries that are starting to apply SOA design principles into their processes & infrastructure are also good candidates to utilize CSF to integrate and manage their dynamic webservices integration. We are seeing broad interest and uptake of CSF as the service delivery & SOA platform of choice.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 3:54 PM