Is there any Windows Store class equivalent to the ImageFormat class?

Question

• In an app I am developing I want to offer the option to convert an image to a selected format, such as JPG PNG TIFF and so on. In winforms i would simply use the ImageFormat class and just save the image with the selected ImageFormat. How would I go around doing this in the Windows Store App without this?
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Bodokh,

There is a documentation about your question: How to encode a new image.

By setting the EncoderID you can save the image with different format.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Bodokh,

I think this thread is specific to Windows Store app forum. So I am helping you to move this thread directly into that forum. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Hi Bodokh,

There is a documentation about your question: How to encode a new image.

By setting the EncoderID you can save the image with different format.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:53 AM